Re: add retry mechanism for achieving recovery target before emitting FATA error "recovery ended before configured recovery target was reached"

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: add retry mechanism for achieving recovery target before emitting FATA error "recovery ended before configured recovery target was reached"
Дата
Ответ на Re: add retry mechanism for achieving recovery target before emitting FATA error "recovery ended before configured recovery target was reached"  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 1:46 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> What do you want to do after the timeout happens? If you want to issue
> a WARNING instead of failing outright, perhaps that makes sense for
> exploratory PITR cases. That could be a simple boolean GUC without
> needing to introduce the timeout logic into the server.

Thanks Jeff. I posted the patch in a separate thread[1] for new GUC
(WARN + promotion or shutdown with FATAL error) in case the recovery
target isn't reached.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CALj2ACWR4iaph7AWCr5-V9dXqpf2p5B%3D3fTyvLfL8VD_E%2Bx0tA%40mail.gmail.com.

Regards,