Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 06/29/2016 10:46 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 06/29/2016 09:51 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>

>>>      * Homebrew
>>>
>>>      * Fink
>>

>> Why? They're all 3rd party packages - plus you have inconsistency then
>> in that some entries are titled for their provider, whilst others are
>> titled for what they are.
>

> My thought process goes beyond just MacOSX. I was trying to work toward a
> unified description for the entire download area (which is kind of a mess
> right now). It is just the MacOSX that I honed in on.
>

>> The way it's currently titled makes it quick and easy to decide which
>> paragraph(s) you want to read more of. The way you propose is more
>> likely to require users to read more.
>

> I am not sure what you mean here.

By changing "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB" to "EnterpriseDB",
you do 2 things:

1) Introduce inconsistency by naming some entries for their author,
and others by their type (e.g. "Homebrew")

2) Force users to read the "named by vendor" sections in more depth to
see if their offering is of the type the user is looking for.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages