Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 06/29/2016 10:46 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> On 06/29/2016 09:51 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>      * Homebrew
>>
>>      * Fink
>
> Why? They're all 3rd party packages - plus you have inconsistency then
> in that some entries are titled for their provider, whilst others are
> titled for what they are.

My thought process goes beyond just MacOSX. I was trying to work toward
a unified description for the entire download area (which is kind of a
mess right now). It is just the MacOSX that I honed in on.

> The way it's currently titled makes it quick and easy to decide which
> paragraph(s) you want to read more of. The way you propose is more
> likely to require users to read more.

I am not sure what you mean here.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages