Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The more I look at this, the more of a train wreck it is. We have:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/
>
> Improperly designates distributions vs "other" when the "other" also offers
> native distribution (rpm for example). It says (for example):
>
> Linux:
>
>         Red Hat family Linux (including CentOS/Fedora/Scientific/Oracle
> variants)
>         Debian GNU/Linux and derivatives
>         Ubuntu Linux and derivatives
>         SuSE and OpenSuSE
>         Other Linux
>
> But "Other" is also available in RPM or Deb. This should really be:
>
> Then you click, "Other" and BigSQL isn't listed but we list RedHat etc...
> again.

BigSQL isn't there because they haven't asked to be.

The other links are at the top because we prefer to encourage people
to use native packages unless they really want to. That (and in fact,
the current organisation in general) was done after literally months
of discussion, experimentation and monitoring of questions to places
like webmaster@.

This cannot, and should not be re-organised on a whim, given that we
managed to get the "what the heck do I download" questions down to
basically zero after a lot of effort many years ago.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages