Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Rader, David <davidr@openscg.com> wrote:

> Previously the descriptions were held to a bar requiring claims to be based
> on something other than pure marketing.

That depends on how you define marketing. The main concerns I had were
the outright inaccuracies.

> There is nothing in the EDB
> installer to make it more cloud ready or bare metal ready or virtualization
> ready than the standard Postgres source. Applying this will set the standard
> that marketing fluff is ok.

Comparing to the source is clearly irrelevant here. Of course, you can
install the source code in any way you want with the appropriate build
environment and what is often a significant amount of scripting.

But people don't want to deal with that, which is why we build
installers for them.

As I previously replied to Scotty, our installers include support for
command line and response file driven installations which can be used
in, for example, a cloud-init based environment to provide an
installation that's performed to the users requirements on instance
launch.

You may not care about such features, but it does not mean they are
not there, and does not make them "marketing fluff".

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages