Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/2016 12:02 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>>> Bare metal is an industry standard term for, "not virtualized".
>>

>> it is but it is usually used in the context of operating systems - so I
>> kinda agree with david here that personally I would expect something
>> that is for "bare metal" is something that can directly be installed on
>> physical hardware (as in an OS).
>

> I am good either way, I was just expressing my experience.

That has been my experience too, both in the office and in dealing
with large and small customers.

I really don't care if it says "non-virtualised" instead though.

As an Englishman, I reserve the right to get irked by
"non-virtualized" though. :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages