Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 07/07/2016 12:57 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Rader, David <davidr@openscg.com> wrote:

> But people don't want to deal with that, which is why we build
> installers for them.

Agreed.

> As I previously replied to Scotty, our installers include support for
> command line and response file driven installations which can be used
> in, for example, a cloud-init based environment to provide an
> installation that's performed to the users requirements on instance
> launch.

O.k. now this does make sense. This is my suggestion:

Remove this entire paragraph:

+The installer is designed to be a straightforward, fast way to get up
and running with
+PostgreSQL on Linux (Red Hat family Linux (including
CentOS/Fedora/Scientific/Oracle variants),
+Debian GNU/Linux and derivatives, Ubuntu Linux and derivatives, SuSE
and OpenSuSE) with
+the ability to deploy to user’s workstations, and various server
environments including
+bare metal, virtual environments, and public, private, and hybrid clouds.
+</p>

And change this line:

+This installer can run in graphical, command line, or silent install

to:

+This installer can run in graphical, command line, or silent install
including cloud-init automation.

> You may not care about such features, but it does not mean they are
> not there, and does not make them "marketing fluff".

This is true but this patch is unnecessarily redundant, which equates to
"fluff".

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages