Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Rader, David
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-www

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 3:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> On 07/06/2016 12:02 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>>>

>>> Bare metal is an industry standard term for, "not virtualized".
>>
>> it is but it is usually used in the context of operating systems - so I
>> kinda agree with david here that personally I would expect something
>> that is for "bare metal" is something that can directly be installed on
>> physical hardware (as in an OS).
>
> I am good either way, I was just expressing my experience.

Does anyone strongly contest to the current language?  If not I will apply the patch tonight.

Jonathan

Previously the descriptions were held to a bar requiring claims to be based on something other than pure marketing. There is nothing in the EDB installer to make it more cloud ready or bare metal ready or virtualization ready than the standard Postgres source. Applying this will set the standard that marketing fluff is ok.

Dave

David Rader

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages