Re: bg worker: overview

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: bg worker: overview
Дата
Re: bg worker: overview  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:

> However, note that the coordinator is designed to be just a message
> passing or routing process, which should not do any kind of time
> consuming processing. It must *coordinate* things (well, jobs) and react
> promptly. Nothing else.

so, merging this with the autovacuum will drop our hopes of having a
time based autovacuum? not that i'm working on that nor i was thinking
on working on that... just asking to know what the implications are,
and what the future improves could be if we go this route

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL