Re: bg worker: overview

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: bg worker: overview
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 07/15/2010 09:51 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> so, merging this with the autovacuum will drop our hopes of having a
> time based autovacuum? not that i'm working on that nor i was thinking
> on working on that... just asking to know what the implications are,
> and what the future improves could be if we go this route

Not at all. Autovacuum should work exactly as before (seen from the
outside, the implementation is a bit different). The coordinator is an
async event processor. Events may origin from sockets, or may be driven
by time, as is the case for autovacuum (up to something like a 1 second
precision or something, I don't remember exactly).

(There's nothing that needs to be merged with autovacuum. It already is
merged, if you want).

Regards

Markus Wanner