Re: Listen/Notify in 9.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Listen/Notify in 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@jasonic.dk> writes:
> As I understand the changes to the notification system in 9.0, apart from
> being able to carry a payload, it will guarantee the order of delivery, and
> also it will keep the notification and notify any listener, even if the
> listener didn't register at the time of notification. Is this correct?

Well, order of delivery depends on commit order, so there's only a
pretty weak guarantee there, although I guess it is stronger than
before.  As for the other thing, listeners are *not* guaranteed to
get any notices that were committed before they commit their LISTEN.
They are guaranteed to get ones that were committed afterwards, but
that's the same as before.