Re: State of Beta 2

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Re: State of Beta 2  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: State of Beta 2  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Let me run some numbers. I'm interested in the idea, and I think I can
push one of my clients on it.

Do the core folk (Tom/Bruce/Jan/etc) think this is doable with that
sort of time commitment? Is it maintainable over time? Or are we
pissing in the wind?

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 03:59 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> And that has nothing to do with user need as a whole, since the care
>> level I mentioned is predicated by the developer interest level.
>> While I know, Marc, how the whole project got started (I have read
>> the first posts), and I appreciate that you, Bruce, Thomas, and Vadim
>> started the original core team because you were and are users of
>> PostgreSQL, I sincerely believe that in this instance you are out of
>> touch with this need of many of today's userbase. And I say that with
>> full knowledge of PostgreSQL Inc.'s support role.  If given the
>> choice between upgrading capability, PITR, and Win32 support, my vote
>> would go to upgrading. Then migrating to PITR won't be a PITN.
>
> If someone is willing to pony up 2000.00 per month for a period of at
> least 6 months, I will dedicated one of my programmers to the task. So
> if you want it bad enough there it is. I will donate all changes,
> patches etc.. to the project and I will cover the additional costs
> that are over and above the 12,000. If we get it done quicker, all the
> better.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua Drake
>
> --
> Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC
> Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
> +1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
> The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com