Re: Starting in a Windows administrative account

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Starting in a Windows administrative account
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> To add and compile the source I can follow the instructions here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html
>
> but I am not sure where to put the patches to have them
> included or whether I should use the ./configure and its
> arguments to include them. Any advice would be appreciated. I
> have successfully compiled on Linux systems.

You put the patches in the root and use "patch -p0 <foo.patch". And then
you run the configure and build steps just like before.

I've been considering putting up backported binaries of this. Perhaps I
should do that when I get around to my win32 compile box ;)

> BTW - the ability do this in a secure manner is fantastic and
> your work to accomplish this is much appreciated.

Thanks.

> I am also willing to wait a little while for 8.2, but could
> not find an ETA on the Developer's Roadmap page. Is there a
> better place to look for this or is it more of a "no wine
> before its time - so don't whine!" situation?

AFIAK, the current plan is for beta sometime around the end of summer,
which means release sometime near the end of the year. That's just a big
guess today, though, it can be both sooner and much lataer depending on
how things turn out. I would definitly not recommend basing a project
schedule on it.

//Magnus