Character encoding problems and dump import

От
Тема Character encoding problems and dump import
Дата
Re: Character encoding problems and dump import
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a dump (non-binary, if it matters) of a DB that has some characters in it that my DB doesn't want to take.
I'm using PG 8.0.3 and it was created with Unicode support:

=> \encoding
UNICODE

Characters that cause problems during the import are things like:
é and other characters from the Extended ASCII table (c.f. bottom of http://www.lookuptables.com/ )
Also:
'ÇѱÛÀÌ Á¦´ë·Î µÇ´ÂÁö ½ÇÇè... ¿©±â¿¡´Â ¾Æ¹« ¸µÅ©µµ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.±×³É ÀÌ ³»¿ë¹Û¿¡ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.'

The errors I get on import are of this type:
  ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xdb20

The data may not be the cleanest, and I have limited control over that.
But I am wondering if there is any way I can import this data, even if that means converting some of the characters
intosomething else.

Thanks,
Otis