Re: Character encoding problems and dump import

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: Character encoding problems and dump import
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Montag, 20. März 2006 21.21 schrieb ogjunk-pgjedan@yahoo.com:
> Hello,
>
> I have a dump (non-binary, if it matters) of a DB that has some characters
> in it that my DB doesn't want to take. I'm using PG 8.0.3 and it was
> created with Unicode support:
>
> => \encoding
> UNICODE

This is the client encoding (see \?).
To get server encoding you can do
show server_encoding;  (see command show in the command reference)

Then have a look at the dump to check what the encoding was when the dump was
taken. (there is a line like set client_encoding = .... somewhere at the
beginning of the dump)

There where some changes within the unicode handling some time ago. If the
dump was taken by an other server version there migth be differences. (search
the archives, there are serveral threads about the issue.

Best regards
Ivo