Starting in a Windows administrative account

От Davidson, Robert
Тема Starting in a Windows administrative account
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

In the thread:

Fix for running from admin account on win32

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-01/msg00172.php

An optimistic reading is that postgresql will be able to drop dangerous permissions as it starts up instead of requiring an unprivileged account. Is this the case? If so, how soon will it be rolled into a downloadable release?

If not, is there any way around the administrative check? I am not concerned about remote users escalating privileges because I use it to test and develop only when I am off-line and unable to access the production database (this will not be configured to allow any network users to access postgres).

Many thanks,

Robert Davidson