Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
IMHO it's not all that important where the source is developed (core
cvs, gborg etc) - whichever suits the development/release model best
shuold be used (meaning inside core only if it should be released on the
very same schedule as the main backend only).

What is more important is the exposure of the released versions. I think
it should be possible (and fairly easy) for projects developed outside
the core to get included in the "official download page", meaning go on
the ftp site and mirrors. Today it seems ODBC and pgadmin3 go there, but
pretty much nothing else (not even JDBC?). Perhaps a good structure
there would allow more proejcts to get that kind of exposure, and be
easier to find.

I quite often get people who claim "there is no this or that" for pgsql
when it's on gborg - simply becauase they didn't find it on the ftp
site. If you go looking, you'll find it on gborg, but if you don't know
where to look it can be hard. Especially for newcomers.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions