Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Well perhaps we can have exceptions. TSearch would be a good exception
as it really should be integrated into PostgreSQL anyway.

There are very few of these that I think would be an issue.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> The problem with moving all contribs to gborg is that sometimes it's
> required to change many modules, for example, because of changing
> GiST interface. Tom saves a lot of working for contrib authors, when he
> change code in core. I'm not sure, gborg would provide easy access for
> such kind of things. tsearch2, particularly, is maintained in pgsql CVS.
>
>     Oleg
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>>>tsearch, I believe, is maintained somewhere else already, no?  same with
>>>tsearch2?
>>
>>Yes that is correct but I think they commit back to contrib before they
>>release.
>>
>>Realistically, although I did not used to agree, I believe that the only
>>that that should come with PostgreSQL is PostgreSQL and required items
>>for PostgreSQL.
>>
>>IMHO: PostgreSQL should include:
>>
>>PostgreSQL
>>Psql
>>All development headers
>>C/C++ Libs
>>

>>Everything else should be on SourceForge or Gforge or whatever. The
>>possible exception would be the pl stuff.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Joshua D. Drake
>>

>>>----
>>>Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
>>>Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

>>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>>

>     Regards,
>         Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions