contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Jan Wieck
Тема contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions  (pgsql@mohawksoft.com)
Список pgsql-hackers
Taking into account that quite a few people have repeatedly stated that
the components in contrib are considered more supported/recommended than
similar solutions found on gborg or any other external site, I suggest
we move the projects dbmirror and dblink to gborg. The rserv contrib
module seems to me to be an early Perl prototype of erserver, nobody is
working on any more. I suggest we drop that entirely.

Comments/alternatives?

Jan