Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
People:

> I almost agree, but I think things that are being actively developed to
> eventually move into the backend, like autovacuum or slony-I should be in
> contrib.  Things that aren't destined for backend integration should be
> removed though, like pgbench or dblink or whatnot.

I agree with this.   Although I point out that, per Jan, Slony does *not* fall
in this group.

From my perspective, there are 2 criteria for something being in Contrib:

1) is the module tightly tied to particular versions of PostgreSQL, so that
the version shipped with 7.4 would not work with 7.5 or with 7.3?

2) Is the module being considered for eventual incorporation into the
mainstream backend?

That being said, let us get projects.postgresql.org up and running first ...
we've hit some technical snags today.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions