Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> No, those guys are exactly the sort of backend-dependent code I'm
> thinking of.  Teodor just recently made a GIST API change that affected
> both the core backend and tsearch (as well as the other GIST modules in
> contrib).  With separate distribution trees that would've been a lot
> more painful to do.
>
> I think the long-term plan for tsearch2, at least, should be full
> integration rather than separation ...

But there should be some sort of path to full integration ...
isdb_ibbn(sp?) has been there forever, and I canj't see it ever being
integrated ...

Personally, the neat thing about PostgreSQL is that we are extendible(sp?)
quite easily, and stuff like tsearch, earthdistance, postgis, etc all show
that very nicely ... why add for the sake of adding?

----

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions