Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> IMHO it's not all that important where the source is developed (core
> cvs, gborg etc) - whichever suits the development/release model best
> shuold be used (meaning inside core only if it should be released on the
> very same schedule as the main backend only).
>
> What is more important is the exposure of the released versions. I think
> it should be possible (and fairly easy) for projects developed outside
> the core to get included in the "official download page", meaning go on
> the ftp site and mirrors. Today it seems ODBC and pgadmin3 go there, but
> pretty much nothing else (not even JDBC?). Perhaps a good structure
> there would allow more proejcts to get that kind of exposure, and be
> easier to find.

I see no reaosn why projects can't be mirrored into the main ftp server,
and brought through the mirrors ...

> I quite often get people who claim "there is no this or that" for pgsql
> when it's on gborg - simply becauase they didn't find it on the ftp
> site. If you go looking, you'll find it on gborg, but if you don't know
> where to look it can be hard. Especially for newcomers.

ftp://gborg.postgresql.org/pub - ls everything is listed there ...

----

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions