Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> The thing is, for how many ppl are seperate packages difficult?  I know
> for me, under FreeBSD, I cd to a /usr/ports/databases/pg_autovacuum and
> type 'make install' and its done ... I thought that stuff like Redhat had
> the full screen installer that lists things?

Well, if setup correctly for redhat, debian or even SuSE you would type:

apt-get install pg_autovacuum

or with redhat you might also do

yum install pg_autovacuum

But that is packaging and that is up to the developers of the particular
project.

Joshua D. Drake

> My point is that all of this stuff shouldn't be in the core CVS ... its a
> packaging issue, not a cvs one ...
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions