Re: encoding of PostgreSQL messages

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: encoding of PostgreSQL messages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 23, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> How can I programmatically detect which encoding a
> PostgreSQL server I am trying to connect to sends back
> messages -- before I connect (so client_encoding and
> the pg_settings table are flat out).

I don't think there is a way because you can't get any information
without authorizing first.

It is also unclear to me how things work in the other direction. When
authenticating, what if the user or database name have non-ascii
characters. Are they interpreted in the encoding of the server since
the client has not established an encoding?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Сообщение: Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Сообщение: Re: need some help with pl-pgsql