Re: need some help with pl-pgsql

От justin
Тема Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
On Tuesday 23 December 2008 3:36:46 pm Adrian Klaver wrote:

Hmmm. A couple of suggestions while I ponder this more. For clarity sake
decide on a case scheme. I start getting twitchy when I see pwoid and pWoid
refer to the same thing. This depends on case folding being consistent, not
something I like to count on. Second you might want to put in a few RAISE
NOTICE statements to see what values are being pulled from the db for
wo_wipvalue and wo_qtyord and what is being supplied to the WHERE clause
for pWoid.

Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net
SELECT postInvTrans( itemsite_id,
            'RM',
            _parentQty,
            'W/O',
            'WO',
            _woNumber,
            '',
            'Receive Inventory from Manufacturing',
            costcat_asset_accnt_id,
            costcat_wip_accnt_id,
            _itemlocSeries,
            true,
            _TotalCost,
            pDate::timestamp ) INTO _invhistid

Potential issue. I don't see where _invhistid is declared.

its declared.  i noticed this function has more variables declared than it ever used so i removed them when  posting  to  the list.  I did not want anymore confusion so I removed one to many sorry.

This function was completely rewritten several months ago along with a  allot of other functions so there still allot of clean up to do making notes and removing stuff that does not need to be in the function.

I just can't figure out why in this function it can't find the record.

This malfunctioning function is called by  ForceCloseWo()  which goes through the work order completing any outstanding operations, and issuing material so it has to find the record first or it will fail out right.  Once all material and operations are marked completed it then calls PostProduction() which moves the items out of WIP tables put the items into Inventory and does all the accounting stuff.  So i really can't figure out what it is doing???

Now On the mixed case.  i come from the Xbase languages specifically Foxpro which is case insensitive and a typeless language so i have a few really bad habits.  I try to get every thing to match but sometimes screw up.