Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue
Дата
Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-general
On 02/24/2015 06:25 AM, George Woodring wrote:
>   -- In your original post you mentioned that access to the databases is
> through a Web server.
>
>   -- Is there just one Web server with one time zone?
>
> We have 2 web servers that are clustered together.  They are both set to
> Eastern since that is the timezone they are located in.

So:

     JDBC Web servers(US/East)  <---> 90 database (5 different timezones)

Therefore everything to the end user is passed through the Web servers?

Is there a reason why the databases have different timezones?

Seems to me less complicated to have all the databases share the UTC
timezone. Then you only have one offset, US/East <--> UTC.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Sequences not moved to new tablespace
Сообщение: Re: Sequences not moved to new tablespace