Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue

От George Woodring
Тема Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general

So:

    JDBC Web servers(US/East)  <---> 90 database (5 different timezones)

Therefore everything to the end user is passed through the Web servers?

Is there a reason why the databases have different timezones?

Seems to me less complicated to have all the databases share the UTC timezone. Then you only have one offset, US/East <--> UTC.

We originally did it for simplicity sake, the database is set for our customer's timezone.  So when we grabbed a date from the db, it would in the correct timezone for the viewer, without the web code having to know the timezone.

George Woodring
iGLASS Networks
www.iglass.net

Сообщение: Re: Sequences not moved to new tablespace
Сообщение: Re: Sequences not moved to new tablespace