Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25/02/15 04:29, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/24/2015 06:25 AM, George Woodring wrote:
>>   -- In your original post you mentioned that access to the databases is
>> through a Web server.
>>
>>   -- Is there just one Web server with one time zone?
>>
>> We have 2 web servers that are clustered together.  They are both set to
>> Eastern since that is the timezone they are located in.
>>

> So:
>
>     JDBC Web servers(US/East)  <---> 90 database (5 different timezones)
>
> Therefore everything to the end user is passed through the Web servers?
>
> Is there a reason why the databases have different timezones?
>
> Seems to me less complicated to have all the databases share the UTC
> timezone. Then you only have one offset, US/East <--> UTC.
>
>> iGLASS Networks
>> www.iglass.net <http://www.iglass.net>

Yes I think it sanest to have servers use GMT*, as then it is simple
enough to convert results to whatever local time zone the client is in.

I live in New Zealand, and we are offset from GMT about 12 hours (depend
on seasonal adjustments).  Have no problem getting query results using
my local time zone automatically. - regardless of whether I query from
the database box or another, using psql!

Cheers,
Gavin

*UTC or whatever it is currently fashionable to call it!  :-)

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: newbie how to access the information scheme
От: Torsten Förtsch
Сообщение: 9.3: bug related to json