Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin

От Davenport, Julie
Тема Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sorry, when I said we had no trouble getting in from the command line, I meant that I could do the following to get
intodatabase named srn_mst (after su-ing to postgres user):

psql srn_mst

and it will get me into the database whether I have the line set to trust or md5.  And does not ask for a password
eitherway (never does).  This is how I always access the database from the command line.  When I tried the way you
suggested:

psql -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1 -d srn_mst

if set to trust, this logs me in (does not ask for password of course).
If set to md5, this command asks me for password, but when I put it in, gives me this error:
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
(same as what is happening through the application).

Yes, PHP and phpPgAdmin and postgresql are all running on the same linux server (where this database srn_mst resides).

This is the enry in my phppgadmin conf file config.inc.php for this server:
// Soarapp
        $conf['servers'][3]['desc'] = 'Soarapp';
        $conf['servers'][3]['host'] = 'localhost';
        $conf['servers'][3]['port'] = 5432;
        $conf['servers'][3]['defaultdb'] = 'template1';
        $conf['servers'][3]['pg_dump_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dump';
        $conf['servers'][3]['pg_dumpall_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dumpall';
Not sure if that is what your question refers to...

Thanks....

Julie