Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sep 26, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Davenport, Julie wrote:

> If I use this combination:
> local   all         all                               trust
> host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    md5
> or this:
> local   all         all                               md5
> host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    md5
>
> then we cannot login at all -- even if we put in the correct password, we get "Login Failed" on the screen, and we
justsee " FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"" in the log under pg_log.

And you say you tested psql from the command line like this

psql -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1

and it prompts you for the password and accepts the one you are entering with phpPgAdmin?

And PHP is running on the same server as Postgres?

What is the IP address used in your phpPgAdmin configuration? If it is not 127.0.0.1, you might need to use the
explicitIP address in your pg_hba.conf.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL question
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: PG 9.1 Replication class advise