Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin

От Davenport, Julie
Тема Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is what is in our pg_hba.conf file now, and it lets us login with no password or wrong password:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    trust
host srn_mst postgres <IP of remote server1> 255.255.255.255 trust
host debase postgres  <IP of remote server2> 255.255.255.255 trust
host all all <IP of local server> 255.255.255.255 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               ident
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    trust
-bash-3.2$

If I use this combination:
local   all         all                               md5
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    trust

same thing - we can login with no password or wrong password

If I use this combination:
local   all         all                               trust
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    md5
or this:
local   all         all                               md5
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    md5

then we cannot login at all -- even if we put in the correct password, we get "Login Failed" on the screen, and we just
see" FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"" in the log under pg_log.

I also changed this line from trust to md5:
host all all <IP of local server> 255.255.255.255 md5
and as long as the line above
host    all     all     127.0.0.1/32    trust
is trust we can get in, and if it is md5, we cannot (in other words, it seems to override the line with the actual IP
ofthe local server).

Julie A. Davenport
Senior Systems Engineer
Distance Education & Educational Technology
Central Texas College
254-526-1798
julie.davenport@ctcd.edu