Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 06/12/2012 10:00 AM, Peter Cheung wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to PostgreSQL.   I installed PostgreSQL on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server.   I have created a database and an user in Windows Active Directory.  How can I configure that user to access that database?

By default, Windows users and PostgreSQL users are completely separate.

Use PgAdmin-III to create the user, or a "CREATE USER" command in psql. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/user-manag.html

It is also possible to use SSPI authentication with PostgreSQL, so PostgreSQL authenticates users against Active Directory. I haven't used it myself. The user must still be created in PostgreSQL, SSPI just takes care of authenticating them using their Windows credentials. See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html

--
Craig Ringer