Why auto vacuum almost running all the time on one toast table?

От Rural Hunter
Тема Why auto vacuum almost running all the time on one toast table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
v9.1.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 server. I have one table which has frequent
insert and weekly deletion, no update. Recently, I found the auto vacuum
on the toast table of it almost running all the time. each run took
around 1 hour. I don't think there are so many inerts so that it reaches
the auto vacuum criteria(20%? changes). And there is no such frequent
auto vacuum on the main table. The last auto vacuum of the main table is
on 3rd Jun. what might cause this behavior?

# grep pg_toast_16922 postgresql-2012-06-12_000000.log
2012-06-12 01:22:56 CST [@] CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table
"oodb.pg_toast.pg_toast_16922"
2012-06-12 04:27:49 CST [@] CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table
"oodb.pg_toast.pg_toast_16922"