Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?

От Peter Cheung
Тема Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

According to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html, SSPI only works when GSSAPI is available and GSSAPI support has to be enabled when PostgreSQL is built.   Does it mean that I need to uninstall PostgreSQL and reinstall it with GSSAPI support?  I used the One click installer downloaded from http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows to install PostgreSQL and I’m not sure how to include GSSAPI support.

From: Craig Ringer [mailto:ringerc@ringerc.id.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:11 AM
To: Peter Cheung
Cc: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?

On 06/12/2012 10:00 AM, Peter Cheung wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to PostgreSQL.   I installed PostgreSQL on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server.   I have created a database and an user in Windows Active Directory.  How can I configure that user to access that database?

By default, Windows users and PostgreSQL users are completely separate.

Use PgAdmin-III to create the user, or a "CREATE USER" command in psql. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/user-manag.html

It is also possible to use SSPI authentication with PostgreSQL, so PostgreSQL authenticates users against Active Directory. I haven't used it myself. The user must still be created in PostgreSQL, SSPI just takes care of authenticating them using their Windows credentials. See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup blocking all queries with horrible performance
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup blocking all queries with horrible performance