Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

От Seneca Cunningham
Тема Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Дата
Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:45:11PM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
>
>>Further, it appears to be AIX pre-4.3 only, when using it for dlopen()
>>replacement...
>>
>>It would be an attractive idea to have configure detect not whether
>>it's open, but rather whether it is needed, and leave it out for AIX
>>4.3 and "better"...
>

> That's kinda the point of these discussions, to answer the question:
> what is in those libraries we need? Which symbol did we want? Rather
> than trying to detect versions, is there some change in the library
> (added or removed symbol) that we can base our decision on?
>
> Does that library (ld) actually provide dlopen() or something else?

libld.a does not provide dlopen(), libdl.a does.  libld.a provides
functions like ldopen() needed by src/backend/port/dynloader/aix.c for
the dl*() substitutes built on AIX versions that lack dlopen and
libdl.a, which appears to be versions prior to 4.3.

--
Seneca Cunningham
scunning@ca.afilias.info