Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> That's kinda the point of these discussions, to answer the question:
>> what is in those libraries we need? Which symbol did we want? Rather
>> than trying to detect versions, is there some change in the library
>> (added or removed symbol) that we can base our decision on?

I finally got around to investigating this on HPUX, which has three of
the libraries we are wondering about: libPW, libBSD, libld.

libPW includes nothing we need.  It contains alloca(), which I think we
once used, but not anymore.

libBSD includes a 4.2BSD-compatible version of signal(), which we aren't
invoking anymore because we HAVE_POSIX_SIGNALS on this platform.  The
HPUX man page deprecates the use of this library altogether.

libld includes a bunch of functions that have no man pages, but look
like they are intended to manipulate .a-style libraries: ldopen,
ldnextofile, etc.  The only references I can find to them in our
source code are in backend/port/dynloader/aix.c.

I recommend we remove libPW and libBSD from configure's list, and
modify the libld entry to probe for "ldopen".  I've confirmed we
build and pass regression on HPUX without these.

Also, since libgen is the thing that started this thread, why don't we
remove that too and see what happens?

Сообщение: Re: sql row constructor...works!
Сообщение: Re: sql row constructor...works!