Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [PORTS] Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:45:11PM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> Further, it appears to be AIX pre-4.3 only, when using it for dlopen()
> replacement...
>
> It would be an attractive idea to have configure detect not whether
> it's open, but rather whether it is needed, and leave it out for AIX
> 4.3 and "better"...

That's kinda the point of these discussions, to answer the question:
what is in those libraries we need? Which symbol did we want? Rather
than trying to detect versions, is there some change in the library
(added or removed symbol) that we can base our decision on?

Does that library (ld) actually provide dlopen() or something else?

Thanks for the info.