Re: [ADMIN] Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?

От Stéphane KANSCHINE
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-admin
Le ven. 10 mars, vers 21:42, Mark Kirkwood exprimait :

> Hi,

Hi,

> I've been asked to help with one of these. I'm a bit wary, as I'm thinking
> this is actually a really high risk endeavor. Any thoughts on toolkits that
> might make this easy?

Do you look at ora2pg¹ ?

It's a good tool, that estimates the migration cost, migrate what it
can automatically (schema, constraints, data ) and let you do the hard
job : port your stored procedures and your applications if you didn't
use a good ORM.

¹ http://ora2pg.darold.net/

Regards
--