Re: [ADMIN] Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?

От michael@sqlexec.com
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You might want to consider using oracle_fdw (thinking rolling migration) in conjunction with Ora2pg (foreign keys, etc).  Also, there are good commercial tools out there like FullConvert.

Regards,
Michael Vitale

Friday, March 10, 2017 3:54 AM
Le ven. 10 mars, vers 21:42, Mark Kirkwood exprimait :

Hi,
Hi,

I've been asked to help with one of these. I'm a bit wary, as I'm thinking
this is actually a really high risk endeavor. Any thoughts on toolkits that
might make this easy?
Do you look at ora2pg¹ ?

It's a good tool, that estimates the migration cost, migrate what it
can automatically (schema, constraints, data ) and let you do the hard
job : port your stored procedures and your applications if you didn't
use a good ORM.

¹ http://ora2pg.darold.net/

Regards
Friday, March 10, 2017 3:42 AM
Hi,

I've been asked to help with one of these. I'm a bit wary, as I'm thinking this is actually a really high risk endeavor. Any thoughts on toolkits that might make this easy?

details:

- db size approx 5TB

- blob and (Oracle) spatial datatypes involved

- conversion and heterogeneous replication solutions needed

Currently looking at Amazon schema conversion/data migration services but wondering if there are known good solutions out there!

Cheers

Mark