Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

On 2013-12-02 18:45:37 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> > +1. The need for such a test suite has been mentioned every single time that
> > a bug or new feature related to replication, PITR or hot standby has come
> > up. So yes please! The only thing missing is someone to actually write the
> > thing. So if you have the time and energy, that'd be great!

> I am sure you know who we need to convince in this case :)

If you're alluding to Tom, I'd guess he doesn't need to be convinced of
such a facility in general. I seem to remember him complaining about the
lack of testing that as well.
Maybe that it shouldn't be part of the main regression schedule...

+many from me as well. I think the big battle will be how to do it, not
if in general.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services