Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

> Maybe that it shouldn't be part of the main regression schedule...

It *can't* be part of the main regression tests; those are supposed to
be runnable against an already-installed server, and fooling with that
server's configuration is off-limits too.  But I agree that some
other facility to simplify running tests like this would be handy.

At the same time, I'm pretty skeptical that any simple regression-test
type facility would have caught the bugs we've fixed lately ...