Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-02 09:41:39 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> At the same time, I'm pretty skeptical that any simple regression-test
> type facility would have caught the bugs we've fixed lately ...

Agreed, but it would make reorganizing stuff to be more robust more
realistic. At the moment for everything you change you have to hand-test
everyting possibly affected which takes ages.

I think we also needs support for testing xid/multixid wraparound. It
currently isn't realistically testable because of the timeframes
involved.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services