Re: Proposed feature: Selective Foreign Keys

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Proposed feature: Selective Foreign Keys
Дата
Re: Proposed feature: Selective Foreign Keys
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-02 08:57:01 +0000, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> What strikes me is that since foreign key constraints are implemented
> as triggers in PostgreSQL, this solution would probably not have many
> performance benefits over a self-written trigger that implements the
> same functionality.  Since you need two triggers for your example,
> the performance might even be worse than a single self-written trigger.

Note that you cannot really write correct RI triggers without playing
very low level games, i.e. writing C and using special kinds of
snapshots and such.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Сообщение: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.