Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Дата
Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel  ("Erick Papadakis" <erick.papa@gmail.com>)
Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 01:31:23AM +0800, Erick Papadakis wrote:
> I am not speaking of exotic platforms like some obscure fork of POSIX
> or something. I am speaking of Cpanel/WHM with Linux (CentOS in my
> case) which must be hosted on hundreds of thousands of webservers
> around the world.

Setting aside the fact that I don't even know what Cpanel is, I'm not
sure how this is practical. How many versions of Cpanel are there and
which versions of postgres do they ship? If Cpanel releases a new
version, do the postgresql docs needs to be updated?

The only people who can provide the documentation with any reasonable
accuracy are the makers of Cpanel themselves. And since they evidently
don't do it I'm not sure why we should do it for them.

For example, Debian has a README.Debian file with every package that
describes any special steps needed to get the lackage working. That's
the way it should be.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel