problems with pg_dumplo (was Re: backup with blobs)

От Peter Pilsl
Тема problems with pg_dumplo (was Re: backup with blobs)
Дата
Re: problems with pg_dumplo (was Re: backup with blobs)  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 06:07:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Pilsl <pilsl@goldfisch.at> writes:
> > I'm currently using postgreSQL 7.0.2 and have big tables with a lot of
> > blobs.  pg_dump does not cover this blobs.
>
> > When my system crashes or when I want to migrate to 7.1, will a pure
> > file-backup be enough or will I have to write my own tools for backup
> > and restore of this blobs and their oid's in the corresponding tables.
>
> No need to re-invent the wheel; use the attached.

Thanx to Tom for this great tool. Unfortunately it does not work in my
testenvironment.
When importing the blobs again, I always get the following error:

lupo:/tmp/pgdump_lo # pg_dumplo -i -d peter -s ./ -u user -p pass
66611   blobtest        lo_oid  peter/blobtest/lo_oid/66611
66707   blobtest        lo_oid  peter/blobtest/lo_oid/66707
66867   blobtest        lo_oid  peter/blobtest/lo_oid/66867
<skip approx.10 lines>
70579   blobtest        lo_oid  peter/blobtest/lo_oid/70579
70643   blobtest        lo_oid  peter/blobtest/lo_oid/70643
pg_dumplo: lo_import: can't create inv object for ".//peter/blobtest/lo_oid/70643"

pg_dumplo: ROLLBACK

When I comment the 70653-blob in the index-file, the error will come
up at the next blob. When I try very often, the error will come up at
an earlier blob or later.

Splitting the indexfile and running pg_dumplo -i on each chunk solves
the problem.

Anyone has any idea ? Is there any webpage about this tool or should I
contact the author ?

thnx,
peter

--