Re: backup with blobs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: backup with blobs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Pilsl <pilsl@goldfisch.at> writes:
> I'm currently using postgreSQL 7.0.2 and have big tables with a lot of
> blobs.  pg_dump does not cover this blobs.

> When my system crashes or when I want to migrate to 7.1, will a pure
> file-backup be enough or will I have to write my own tools for backup
> and restore of this blobs and their oid's in the corresponding tables.

No need to re-invent the wheel; use the attached.

BTW, 7.1's pg_dump is capable of dumping BLOBs.  There has been talk of
hacking it up so that it could be used against a 7.0 database, which
would probably be a nicer solution than the attached code, but AFAIK
that's not done yet.

            regards, tom lane

Вложения