Re: syntax error 44 : ->

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: syntax error 44 : ->
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthew Hixson writes:

> Here's a problem I have with 7.1 final that I don't see with 7.1rc4.  When
> I do an initdb with 7.1 I get
>
> syntax error 44 : ->

There is an unexpected character

> scrolling up the screen about 52 thousand times.

...or maybe 52000 expected characters...

on line 44 of whatever the input was.

It just so happens that global.bki, one of the input files, is exactly 44
lines long.  Please check that one first.  Otherwise it might happen that
the file gets corrupted while initdb is mangling it, but it's hard to tell
without some more context.