Re: problem installing Postgresql DB

От Ingebrigt Maurstad Berg
Тема Re: problem installing Postgresql DB
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

I did as you asked, and it seems I have a problem with memory or with
swap space. Seems a bit starnge that I should have this, though.
Anyone out there with any pointers ?

From the Cygwin window:

***start dump***
Administrator@MyMachine ~
$ net start postmaster
The postmaster service is starting.
The postmaster service was started successfully.

Administrator@MyMachine ~
$ psql -U postgres template1
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
***end dump***

In the log (I emptied the log first):

DEBUG:  database system was interrupted at 2002-03-08 13:21:42
DEBUG:  checkpoint record is at 0/113A80
DEBUG:  redo record is at 0/113A80; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
TRUE
DEBUG:  next transaction id: 89; next oid: 16556
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic
recovery in progress
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/113AC0
DEBUG:  redo is not required
DEBUG:  database system is ready
ZeroProcSemaphore: semctl(id=0,SETVAL) failed: Invalid argument
DEBUG:  server process (pid 1700) exited with exit code 255
DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory
and semaphores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough memory

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

Ingebrigt