Re: undefined reference to 'crypt'

От Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd
Тема Re: undefined reference to 'crypt'
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Yang, postgreSQL now ships as a compiled product in cygwin so you do not
need to compile it under cygwin yourself.
Down load the 7.2-2 module in cygwin's setup program, then read the
postgresQL7.2 README txt file that comes with it, it explains all the
things you need to do to get it up and running.

Hope that helps.
Tim.

At 16:05 08/03/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
>Please give me a hand if you have resloved this question.
>I met the same question that you met.

>This is my first attempt at using cygwin so that I can try and compile
>pgsql for Windows 2000.
>
>pgsql source 7.1.3
>cygwin 1.3.9
>gcc  2.95.3-5
>cygipc 1.09.2
>Windows 2000 SP1
>
>I followed the instructions about Win2000 installation of the postmaster
>at
>
><http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html>
>
>I had to re-download extra packages for cygwin after I realised there
>were
>dependencies missing in the basic cygwin download.
>
>Anyway I've now got to the point where the 'make' instruction writes
>errors
>to STDERR, see below. nothing appears in /usr/local/pgsql/bin under the
>cygwin directory.
>
>I have tried the archives of this email-newsgroup but the server fails
>sending me 'unavailable' after I try to search
>(archives.postgresql.org).
>
>Any pointers on what I am doing wrong, would be much appreciated. I also
>
>include output of configure process underneath (both STDOUT and STDERR).
>
>Please let me know if I have to supply any other info to aid working out
>
>the problems. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
>
>Tim Finch, Manchester, UK.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Yang Tomas
>03/08/2002
>Global Mart

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk

Сообщение: Re: problem installing Postgresql DB
Сообщение: Re: problem installing Postgresql DB