Re: increasing of the shared memory does not solve the problem of "OUT of shared memory"

От Adam Tauno Williams
Тема Re: increasing of the shared memory does not solve the problem of "OUT of shared memory"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> I increased significantly the number of shared buffers from 3000 to
> 100 000 (80Mb)
> Also I increased the max_locks_per_transaction from  64  to 10 000.
> I still receive the same error form Postgres:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: out of shared memory
> Is this message appropriate to the real cause of the problem or the
> reason of the failure is actually other than what is displayed in this
> message?

Maybe you've got an application that is doing a BEGIN WORK, but never
doing a rollback or commit?
--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com

От: "Sorin N. Ciolofan"
Сообщение: increasing of the shared memory does not solve the problem of "OUT of shared memory"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: increasing of the shared memory does not solve the problem of "OUT of shared memory"